National Administrative Law Week
Join your colleagues from across Canada in person or online for this first edition of the National Administrative Law Week, organized jointly by the Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice (CIAJ) and the Council of Canadian Administrative Tribunals (CCAT). This five-day, cutting-edge training program offers a variety of activities on topical administrative law issues.
Who is it for?
The whole legal community is invited: tribunal members, lawyers, judges, academics and law students.
- June 5, 2023: 90-minute Admin Law Webinar with Jessica Nordell: Creating Cultures Beyond Bias (Joint Program)
- June 6–7, 2023: Decision Writing Seminar (Joint Program) l Online only
- June 8, 2023: CCAT Symposium: Preparing for the Future: The Brave New World of Administrative Justice l In person & online
- June 8, 2023: Cocktail (free for all the participants who register to the Decision Writing Seminar, or the CCAT Symposium, or the CIAJ Roundtable)
- June 9, 2023: CIAJ National Roundtable on Administrative Law: Bias and Decision-Making: What’s Changed? l In person & online
Note: It is possible to attend the activities separately.
The webinar is free if you register for the CCAT Symposium and the CIAJ National Roundtable on Administrative Law. The advantage? The webinar will begin the discussion on bias which will continue at the Roundtable where you can explore the practical implications of bias.
As a bonus, you will receive a copy of The End of Bias: A Beginning by Jessica Nordell if you participate in the webinar and also attend either the CCAT Symposium or the CIAJ National Roundtable in person.
Note: Early Bird Special fees available FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE ONLY
− Package: Symposium & Roundtable (Webinar as added bonus):
CCAT or CIAJ Members: $850 ($1,000 after April 14, 2023)
Non-members: $1,200 ($1,400 after April 14, 2023)
CCAT or CIAJ Members: $1,100
− CCAT Symposium Only (June 8, 2023) OR CIAJ Roundtable Only (June 9, 2023):
CCAT or CIAJ Members: $500 ($600 after April 14, 2023)
Non-members: $700 ($800 after April 14, 2023)
CCAT or CIAJ Members: $550
− Webinar only (June 5, 2023):
CCAT or CIAJ Members: $45
− Cocktail only:
June 8, 2023: $50
For further information, please contact the Project Manager of Multidisciplinary Programs, Mary Plagakis
- 30 days or more before the event: Administration fees of $40
- 7 days or more before the event: 50% of registration fees
- Less than 7 days before the event: No refund
At any time, a participant may be replaced by another person without charge
To protect everyone’s health, the Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice requests that participants, CIAJ staff, faculty members and speakers are vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they benefit from a recognized medical exemption. This request is in addition to any restrictions or vaccination requirements that may be in force in the jurisdiction or at the venue where the event is being held. Masks are strongly recommended.