CIAJ is an organization which links individuals and institutions involved in the administration of justice. Its work is multi-disciplinary and wide-ranging. Collaborating with governments, professional associations, law schools, practising lawyers and members of the public, it sponsors and conducts conferences and specialized seminars and prepares comprehensive background papers.
CIAJ’s programs include:
- Annual conferences on forward-looking topics;
- Conferences on legal drafting;
- National and regional seminars on administrative law;
- Seminars on judgment writing;
- Seminars for newly appointed judges and for long-serving judges;
- An annual fellowship that supports research on ways to improve the administration of justice in Canada.
How we work
Programs and activities are carried out by committees whose volunteer members are leaders in their professions. They bring issues to the forefront with a view to advancing the administration of justice.