Update | 2020-03-31:
To date, almost all programs from May 2020 are proceeding as scheduled*, including Judicial Internships Across Canada.
*Exception (2020-03-31): This program has been cancelled:
Decision Writing Seminar – Joint program with CCAT (June 3-4, 2020, Ottawa, ON)
Given the current national and global COVID-19 pandemic, a decision has been made to cancel the Seminar for New Federally Appointed Judges that was going to be held in Gatineau on March 29 to April 3, and Mastering the Skill of Judgment Writing that was going to be held in Vancouver on April 26 to 30.
CIAJ and NJI have been monitoring the situation on a daily basis. In consultation with the Canadian Judicial Council and the Commissioner’s Office, it was decided that the best course of action, given the uncertainties, was to cancel these meetings. NJI and CIAJ will meet to explore options to hold these programs at a later date.
NOTE: CIAJ and its partners are monitoring the development of COVID-19 very closely. Ensuring the safety of all of our attendees remains CIAJ’s priority. The situation will be reassessed on a regular basis for future programs.
In the event that a decision is made to cancel one or more of the programs from May 2020, participants and speakers who are registered will be notified immediately. The possibility of offering some programs online is not excluded.
In the meantime, we encourage you to be mindful of your health and those of others by following these precautions:
- If possible, please refrain from shaking hands or embracing
- Please wash your hands frequently, including prior to meals or food consumption
- Please use hand sanitizer
- Cover your sneezes or cough to reduce the spread of germs
- If you require medical assistance, speak with someone immediately
- Be mindful of your own wellness, and do not expose your colleagues if you are feeling unwell
- If you have recently travelled to a high-risk area, please be mindful of exposure risks
- Prioritize your own well being