Seminar for New Federally Appointed Judges (2020 Spring Program)
– Joint program with the NJI
***COVID-19 Policy : This Program has been cancelled
We will examine the possibility of holding this program at a later date.
- The Honourable Justice Michael F. Brown, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario), Toronto
- The Honourable Justice Daniel Dumais, Superior Court of Québec, Quebec City
- The Honourable Justice Lauri Ann Fenlon, Court of Appeal for British Columbia, Vancouver
- The Honourable Senior Associate Chief Justice Catherine La Rosa, Superior Court of Quebec, Quebec City
Participation in this program is approved under Section 41 (1) of the Judges Act.
This program, offered jointly by the Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice and the National Judicial Institute, is designed so that new judges may participate in sessions that are most relevant to them topically. Throughout the week, the seminar subjects are divided between those that apply to Common Law jurisdictions, those that apply to Civil Law jurisdictions, or both. Where Common Law and Civil Law jurisdictions overlap, the groups have been combined and translation services will be provided.
Please contact the Project Manager of Judicial Programs, Vicki Gondek, CMP
Tel.: 514-731-2855, extension 6