National Roundtable on Administrative Law (2021 Edition): All the Voices We Don’t Hear
Bilingual program with simultaneous interpretation
Participation in this program is accredited in provinces where CLE requirements for lawyers are mandatory.
In this year’s Annual National Roundtable on Administrative Law, we look to stretch our commitment to accessible justice. We look beyond the “build it and they will come” approach. We discuss ways to expand our capacity to incorporate diverse lessons, wisdom and ways of knowing. We ask, how can we, as institutions with considerable power over what justice means and how it is delivered, open up spaces with those who have a shared desire for a justice that is more relevant and purposeful.
Join our distinguished panel of judges, lawyers, academics and tribunal members to discuss these current administrative law issues and collectively work towards solutions.
***Special Guest: We are pleased to welcome the Honourable Justice Rosalie Silberman Abella for a brief retrospective in conversation with CIAJ’s President.
- Mr. Michael Gottheil, Chief of the Commission and Tribunals, Alberta Human Rights Commission
- Mr. Athanasios Hadjis, Senior Legal Counsel, Administrative Tribunals Support Service of Canada
- The Honourable James W. O’Reilly, CIAJ President
For further information, please contact the Program Coordinator, Mary Plagakis
- 30 days or more before the event: Administration fees of $40
- 7 days or more before the event: 50% of registration fees
- Less than 7 days before the event: No refund
At any time, a participant may be replaced by another person without charge