Webinar: Judgment Writing and Bias
– With the Support of the NBLF
This 90-minute webinar is made possible thanks to the support of the New Brunswick Law Foundation.
***Audience: All judges. This webinar is not accredited in provinces where CLE requirements for lawyers are mandatory.***
Language: In English, with simultaneous interpretation
Start time according to different time zones in Canada
PT: 11:30 am / MT: 12:30 pm / CT: 1:30 pm / ET: 2:30 pm / AT: 3:30 pm / NT: 4:00 pm
- The Honourable Justice Peter D. Lauwers, Court of Appeal for Ontario
- Professor Barbara Morris, Humber College
- The Honourable Chief Justice Marc Richard, Court of Appeal of New Brunswick
How to write concise, clear, complete and convincing decisions; the issue-driven approach; point-first writing; bias in judgment writing: how to become aware and overcome them, etc.
Registration is mandatory. The registration form will be available until the day prior to the webinar, at 3:30 pm (Atlantic). Indications on how to access the Zoom platform wil be sent by email 24-48 hours prior to the event. It is recommended to test the platform beforehand. The video will be available on-demand one day after the live webcast.
NOTE: It is possible to register for two more webinars using the same form. To learn more, click on the links below:
- February 17, 2021: Why Are Gladue Reports So Important?
- March 17, 2021: Restorative Justice Measures in Canada
For further information, please contact the Program Coordinator, Mary Plagakis
Tel.: 514-731-2855, extension 4