2018 Annual Conference: Justice and Mental Health
***This event is over. You can watch the videos here and access the documents here.
The courts have often become the emergency rooms for unaddressed mental health issues. The 2018 conference will assess the tools available to the justice system to manage such issues when they arise with respect to witnesses, persons accused, and litigants. Press Release issued October 10, 2018 [PDF File]
Registration Form and details for the Student Panel only: https://ciaj-icaj.ca/en/membership/student-section/
Participation at this program is accredited in provinces where CLE requirements for lawyers are mandatory.
Participation at this program is approved under Section 41 (1) of the Judges Act.
- Ontario: 4 hours and 25 minutes of Professionalism Content
- New Brunswick: 16.5 CPD Hours
- Saskatchewan: 15 CPD Hours and 3 Ethics Hours
- Senator Kim Pate
In collaboration with:
With the support of:
- Mr. Patrick A. Molinari, Ad. E., FRSC
- The Honourable Justice James O’Reilly
- Mr. Mark Benton, Q.C.
- Deputy Commissioner Brenda Butterworth-Carr
- Professor Jennifer Chandler
- The Honourable Judge Dominique Larochelle
- Ms. Sapna Mahajan
- Mr. André Albert Morin
- The Honourable Justice Michelle O’Bonsawin
- The Honourable Justice P. Colleen Suche
- Mr. David Wright
- CIAJ’s President (ex officio)
- CIAJ’s Executive Director (ex officio)
- CIAJ’s Academic Advisor (ex officio)
For further information, please contact the Program Coordinator, Mary Plagakis
- 30 days or more before the event: Administration fees of $40
- 7 days or more before the event: 50% of registration fees
- Less than 7 days before the event: No refund
At any time, a participant may be replaced by another person without charge