2018 Annual Conference: Justice and Mental Health
The courts have often become the emergency rooms for unaddressed mental health issues. The 2018 conference will assess the tools available to the justice system to manage such issues when they arise with respect to witnesses, persons accused, and litigants.
Participation at this program is approved under Section 41 (1) of the Judges Act and is accredited in provinces where CLE requirements for lawyers are mandatory.
- Senator Kim Pate
- Mr. Patrick A. Molinari, Ad. E., FRSC
- The Honourable Justice James O’Reilly
- Mr. Mark Benton, Q.C.
- Deputy Commissioner Brenda Butterworth-Carr
- Professor Jennifer Chandler
- The Honourable Judge Dominique Larochelle
- Ms. Sapna Mahajan
- Mr. André Albert Morin
- The Honourable Justice Michelle O’Bonsawin
- The Honourable Justice P. Colleen Suche
- Mr. David Wright
- CIAJ’s President (ex officio)
- CIAJ’s Executive Director (ex officio)
- CIAJ’s Academic Advisor (ex officio)
For further information, please contact the Program Coordinator, Mary Plagakis
- 30 days or more before the event: Administration fees of $40
- 7 days or more before the event: 50% of registration fees
- Less than 7 days before the event: No refund
At any time, a participant may be replaced by another person without charge