Day 2, Part I − 2021 Annual Conference on Indigenous Peoples and the Law
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2021
9:00 – 10:30 am: PANEL THREE | Indigenous Laws and Justice System
- Professor Bradford Morse, Faculty of Law, Thompson Rivers University
- Professor Val Napoleon, Director, JD/JID program; Law Foundation Chair of Indigenous Justice and Governance, University of Victoria
- Joyce King, Director of Justice for the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Akwesasne Court; Justice of the Peace under section 107 of the Indian Act
- The Honourable Judge Garth Smith, First Nation Court of New Westminster, British Columbia
10:45 am – Noon: PANEL FOUR | Student Panel: Navigating Law School as an Indigenous Student
- Mark Gervin, Lawyer; Director of the Indigenous Legal Clinic, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia
- Jamie-Lee Keith, student, Faculty of law, Thompson Rivers University
- Shayla Praud, student, Faculty of law, University of Victoria
- Verukah Poirier, student, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia
- Cassandra Sawers, student, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia
- Justin Thompson, student, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
CIAJ’s 2021 President’s Award
- Recipient: Mark Benton, QC, CEO of Legal Aid BC. Congratulations!
***When buying separate days, the purchase of one part gives access to all the videos for that day, in both official languages.
Example: If you purchase Day 2-Part I in English, you will receive the code to access Day 2-Part II in English and both parts in French.
CIAJ Members: $650
Students (enrolled full-time at Canadian universities): $50
CIAJ Members: $250
Students (enrolled full-time at Canadian universities): $15
2021 I 45th Annual Conference on Indigenous Peoples and the Law (November 17-19, 2021 in Vancouver and Online)