POSITION: Membership Coordinator
WORK SCHEDULE: 35 hrs/week
Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice (CIAJ)
CIAJ is a non-profit, independent organization that links individuals and institutions involved in the administration of justice across Canada. Its work is multidisciplinary and wide-ranging. Collaborating with governments, courts, tribunals, professional associations, law schools and law firms, CIAJ sponsors and conducts conferences and specialized seminars and prepares comprehensive papers and reports. CIAJ’s services are offered in both official languages.
The Membership Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordinating CIAJ’s membership’s activities and administrative tasks.
- Develop strategic relations with members;
- Develop tools to inform our members on programs and projects;
- Write documents, letters, reports, communications to members;
- Draft letters to new appointed judges;
- Prepare mailings to members and potential members;
- Respond to inquiries from members and potential members;
- Assist with preparation of surveys;
- Assist with membership recruitment;
- Ensure daily data entry in the database;
- Produce statistical reports every three months.
- Assist with the administrative functions related to CIAJ programs;
- Assist in the review of material;
- Assist in the publicity mailings;
- Assist in other related tasks.
- Ensure bookkeeping;
- Pay suppliers, make cheques;
- Prepare deposits;
- Uploads conference materials on the website and draft related web pages
- Proofread English texts
- Post-secondary education;
- 3-4 years of administrative experience;
- Bilingual, both written and oral communications;
- Good knowledge of ProDon and Office
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently and prioritize tasks;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and to initiate and problem-solve;
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality
This position is available on a contractual basis (one year) with the possibility of renewal.
Please send your resume at email@example.com no later than April 20, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.