Thursday, February 13, 2014
This conference is intended to bring together many of the actors responsible for ensuring equitable treatment for young persons with mental health problems who come into contact with the criminal justice system. Members of the police, mental health organizations, doctors, lawyers and judges will collaborate to present and discuss the latest developments and preferred practices at the often difficult intersection of criminal justice and mental health. The goals of the conference include updating attendees, fostering discussion and enabling participants to emerge with better tools and firmer links to other justice, health and social service professionals and to the community.
- The Honourable Justice Michele M. Murphy, Prince Edward Island Court of Appeal, Charlottetown, PE
- Superintendent Mike O'Malley, District Commander, West District, RCMP "J" Division, Fredericton, NB
- Sgt. Andrew Blackadar, RCMP Policy Analyst and Crime Reduction Strategy for PEI, Charlottetown, PE
- Michele Dorsey, Chair, Criminal Code Review Board fro PEI, Charlottetown, PE
- The Honourable Justice William Goodridge, Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, Trial Division, St. John's, NL
- Brian J. McKenna, Q.C., Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Charlottetown, PE